Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Katrina Video Excuses Award - part 1

Tomorrow, I shall have fun.
Tomorrow, I shall go to all the right-wing blogs I know, and check out all the explanations and excuses for the Katrina video.
There won't be many, of course. I have noticed the right tends to concentrate on crowing about their victories and ignoring their problems. But there will be some.
I will copy the best for your perusal.
I expect to see the following:
"Bush was misinformed by Brownie. He thought Brownie was doing a heck of a job, when really Brownie was dropping the ball!" If they can also somehow dodge the fact that the Bush administration appointed Brownie to a post he didn't know how to handle, then the defense might work. Which leads us to wonder - how many other incompetents have the Bush government appointed, waiting for their mistakes to catch up with them?
"The video was faked. Isn't it amazing how it took all this time to come to light! That proves that the liberals created it to discredit the president." Too bad the guys who rob liquor stores don't have these guys as attorneys - a video of them pointing a gun turns up, and suddenly it's plea-bargain time. Not for the right, though. I can just see them going up to a judge and saying "The store owner has it in for my client, your honor! He faked this video in order to rob his own store and smear my client, whom the owner hates, and whom the police also hate."

I'll wait and see what other excuses come out. Tune in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the Bush katrina video on my site, feel free to download it. www.hillbillyreport.com
I Also have this opinion on the site.
Opinion
August 2005 George Bush was in Texas and he was there for a reason. The 09.11.01 anniversary was going to fall on a Sunday. That was like a gift from heaven and Bush was going to take full advantage of it. While Katrina was forming, in the Gulf of Mexico, the Bush team was planning every second of 09.11.05. They were making plans for cabinet members to be on the Sunday talk shows, like Meet the Press, with the same message to support the Bush agenda. I believe Michael Brown was out of this loop and wouldn’t have been able to interrupt the planning, even if he had tried and he may have tried. A hurricane or hurricane threat was not going to interfere with the Bush agenda or the 09.11.01 anniversary planning. When the dikes broke, in New Orleans, the Bush team refused to believe their 09.11.01 anniversary plans would have to trashed and refused to refocus on real event, hurricane Katrina, until it was too late.


Jim