Monday, November 07, 2005

Who's Right?

Whatever you think of George W. Bush, he is a second term president. He will not be re-elected.
Who should be the next Republican candidate for President of the United States?

I just watched West Wing, and I was very impressed by Alan Alda's performance. I wouldn't mind voting for the character he portrayed. However, seeing as Vinnick is fictional, we need to ask ourselves whether we can elect someone like him. In other words, how close can we come?
We need someone with the right mix of morals, integrity, force, and intelligence to lead the US out of what is going to be a rough decade. The current scandals, like it or not, pretty much exclude Bush's inner circle.
Any suggestions? The floor is open.

1 comment:

Bradley Herring said...

I'm not sure if you'll see this since it's so far down on the page, but here goes.

I foresee a stunning turn against Bush in the Republican party, and they will run basically his polar opposite. He will be a name that people can relate to, who is still a conservative at heart. A FISCAL conservative who will keep the base and, hopefully, reach across the aisle and pull back some of the 65 percent or so who have been turned off by Bush.

I predict... John McCain. I don't vote Republican, but if he had gotten the nomination in 2000 against Gore, I would have voted for him. He's got tremendous appeal, and, barring some gigantic, unforeseen event (September 11 part 2), I believe he will be the next Republican presidential candidate. (If 9/11 part 2 happens, I believe they'll somehow find a way to give Bush a third term.)