Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I there ANYTHING we can all agree on?
Free Speech? Well, so long as it isn't "inappropriate", I suppose so . . .
Freedom? Only if the majority (or most vocal minority) thinks your actions are acceptable.
Civil Rights? So long as they don't affect business, sure, I guess.
Reason? Science? Culture?

Today, more battles are being fought for Intolerance than for any other reason. We are no longer willing to let that guy over there go on thinking the things he does, and they aren't willing to let us do the same. We shoot, they bomb, we slander, they slander, we all inflame the fighting until we explode.
Does anyone remember the quote "I disagree with what you said, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!"? Why can't everyone agree to disagree, and go back to their lives again?

No comments: